Saturday, November 30, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving celebration went very well this year.  This was the first year we ever hosted and it wasn't a disaster so that was good.  We hosted my in-laws and two of my brother in laws.  The Thanksgiving meal went off without a hitch thanks mostly in part to my father in-law who cooked everything.  I threw some sweet potatoes in the oven and made a loaf of bread but the rest was faithfully tended to by my FIL.  What a relief.  We have enough turkey to last us a lifetime but it was great.  We even instituted the use of a kids table for our children who sat at the train table with a booster seat and little kids rocker.
The day after was my son's third birthday and it was fun. The brothers and husband did some black friday shopping and in the afternoon we opened presents and then had BBQ for dinner and some birthday cake.  My BIL got me a Keurig for Christmas and we tested it out already.  AWESOME!

Well those are all the happenings here.  No beautiful pictures to share but that was our busy week.

1 comment:

  1. Was wondering what you guys did for Thanksgiving, and there's my answer! So glad you had a successful and fun time hosting. And what a Father in Law!!! That's awesome! I still think of how adoringly he looks at A., just love that father/son love! Happy Advent!

    ReplyDelete