I decided to rework it using some heavy canvas Hawaiian print that I had and went in search of some tips. Then I found this TUTORIAL at Delia Creates. I loved it! Her pictures are awesome and her tutorial is easy to follow. I ended up ripping mine out like three times because I attached the back to the bottom backwards and then wondering why it wouldn't slip over the stroller poles. Duh so I headed back over to look at how she did it and duh... I did it Backwards. Helps to remember what it looks like before you disassemble the whole thing.
I didn't do a tutorial of this, well, because I was making it up as I went and because Delia Creates already has one. So, I didn't take a ton of pictures and just was happy that in the end it worked. Literally I really did spend three separate occasions ripping it out.
Bagh.... I used a blue Hawaiian print canvas and the original pink binding that it came with. I liked the contrast. I also didn't paint my frame, well, because I only had bronze spray paint on hand and didn't think that would work! So here you have it.
|Original seat with pink and purple zigzags and shredded up seat bottom.|
|New sturdy fabric with reused pink binding and buckles from the original.|
|Curious kitten sniffing the new creation.|
|complete with dolly!|